- Best available rates
- Free upgrades where possible
- Book now, pay later
- Secure payment gateway
Funeral Teas, Receptions & Wakes
Washingborough Hall is a country house hotel close to Lincoln Crematorium. Our friendly events team have been hosting funeral teas for many years. As a popular Lincoln funeral tea venue, we understand how important it is that arrangements are made with ease. Please rest assured that we’ll take care of everything and on the day our staff will be attentive and professional, yet unobtrusive. In pre Covid times we were able to accommodate up to 150 guests for a wake. Government has now limited numbers to just 15 people for a wake / funeral tea / reception. The hotel is currently closed on Mondays & Tuesdays. We are available to host a funeral wake from 10am on Wednesdays. We make a room hire charge from £75 up to £250 for your private room, dependant on numbers. Please contact reception.
We currently only offer one funeral tea menu, so please ask if you would like something different; we'll try our best to help. All our menus include vegetarian options and some special dietary requirements can be catered for (Allergen Information). This menu is only available for Funeral Teas, Receptions & Wakes.
Get in touch
If you think Washingborough Hall Hotel might be a fitting venue, then please get in touch with our helpful team to talk through your requirements and ask any questions your may have. You can call us on 01522 790 340 or use the contact button below.
- Prices are per person and include all Tea & Coffee.
- Please inform Reception if any of your guests have dietary requirements although we ask you to refer to our Allergen Information.
- Jugs of juice can be requested for £5.00 per jug, we offer Orange, Apple or Cranberry
- All food will be pre-plated and served from the kitchen.
- Rooms are set for family / support bubbles to social distance from each other.
- Easels are available for those wishing to bring photoboards. Extra tables can be arranged for flower arrangements & photos. Please advise upon booking if required.
- Gratuity is at your discretion.
- Funeral Breakfast Buffet Menu is available 9am - 11am
- Rooms are available for up to 3 hours only, as per Government Guidance on the amount of time large groups should be together.
Location and Accessibility
Washingborough Hall is the closest hotel to Lincoln Crematorium, located on Church Hill, just off the main road from Lincoln to Washingborough (just over 1mile from the crematorium). We have parking on site for 50+ cars and are close to all Lincoln’s main transport links, accessible via bus or a short taxi ride.
Our function rooms are situated on the same level as the licensed bar, along with washroom facilities. Wheelchair access is gained through the Winston Room Orangery, or through the main kitchen. We can accommodate up to 120 guests, but we can also host small, intimate gatherings for as few as 20 guests. Due the current coronavirus pandemic there is currently a maximum of 15 guests permitted at funeral wakes / receptions.
To find out more about the service available at our Lincoln funeral reception venue, and to discuss your requirements, please call our reception team on 01522 790 340.
Accomodation may also be available for those guests travelling from away, please contact our reception team on 01522 790 340 to discuss availability & rates
Please be aware we are limited to 30 guests at Funeral wakes, as per Government Guidelines and buffets are currently not permitted. We pre-plate all food for your guests & deliver to their seat. Drinks from the bar can be ordered at the table and will be served to the table. There is currently no Bar service. All drinks orders should be paid for at point of delivery, ideally using a debit card.
Large groups are advised not spend prolonged time together, we have limited Funeral functions to 3 hours.
As guidance changes, so will our Policies.